Statewide Gen Ed
- Degree-seeking students who have not completed the STGEC prior to matriculation will be expected to meet all general education requirements on the campus at which they are officially pursuing a degree. The campus at which a student is seeking a degree will assign the STGEC milestone. Coursework taken at another campus or institution will count toward general education requirements or the STGEC based on the home campus' articulation rules and its general education requirements. Please visit the University Transfer Office for more information. To add approved courses that satisfy these competencies, please contact USSS-AAR programmers, Kari Fisher or Lori Johnson, by using the AART request link.
- The AART is an online development and modification request tracking system. This form should be used by academic units to request the creation of a new Academic Advising Report (AAR), to request modification of an existing AAR, or to report an AAR problem.
- Transfer Single Articulation Pathways: Beginning fall of 2015, completion of an eligible AS or AA degree at Ivy Tech or Vincennes may put a student on a Single Articulation Pathway to a BA or BS at IU. Students can follow a single articulation pathway from an Indiana community college to a corresponding degree at a four-year institution without a loss of credit hours. Click here for IU-specific guidelines.
If an academic program has TSAP plan/s and does not yet have an Academic Advisement Report, please contact USSS-AAR programmer, Kari Fisher, by using the AART request link. Kari will work with your unit/campus in establishing TSAP academic advising reports.
- Academic Structure Coding Guidelines
- Add a Plan/Sub Plan/Program/Degree (Authorization Required)
- Modify a Plan/Sub Plan/Program/Degree (Authorization Required)
- Stop further admittance/Inactivate/Delete Code Request Form (Authorization Required)
- Add/Modify/Inactivate/Delete an Academic Subject (Authorization Required)
- Request a New Attribute for Plan/Sub Plan/Program (Authorization Required)
USSS maintains control tables in support of the following modules: Admissions, Student Records, Financial Aid, Student Financials and Advising.
- Please send maintenance requests via email to email@example.com
- System Overview: The Course Catalog stores the current information of courses, as well as the history of courses for all of the IU campuses. Information such as title, hours, and description can be viewed in the Course Catalog. All new courses and course changes must receive approval prior to being added to the Course Catalog. Once the course information has been updated, it is available for scheduling.
- Authorized campus users will have access to view the SIS Course Catalog (Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog). Users may also be able to extract information from the Indiana University Information Environment (IUIE).
- Reports: These reports are available in the IUIE and pull courses based upon institution and subject.
- Historical and Current Course Catalog: IUIE: (Master Catalog) Student > Records > Course Catalog > Standard Queries > Course Catalog
- Current Course Catalog: IUIE: (Master Catalog) Student > Records > Course Catalog > Standard Queries > Current Course Catalog
- Academic Structure Impacts: The Course Catalog is reviewed after approved academic structure changes are made to the subject area, academic group, or academic organization. We work with the departments to make sure the appropriate updates are made in the Course Catalog and therefore available on the Schedule of Classes.
- CARMIn (Course Approval, Remonstrance, Maintenance, and Integration): All updates to the Course Catalog should be submitted via a CARMIn request form. This includes the addition of new courses, changes being made to existing course, and the inactivation of courses no longer being offered. All CARMIn requests will route to the necessary Department, School, and Campus authorities for approval. Once the CARMIn request form has cleared the 30-day remonstrance period and final approval of the request form is given, the SIS Course Catalog will be updated.
- Access: USSS maintains the CARMIn Workgroups, which list the users that may access CARMIn, or approve the course request forms. An email request may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org if an update to a CARMIn Workgroup is needed.
- Job Aids: How to use Course Approval System (CARMIn)
- Remonstrance List: The remonstrance list contains course request forms that were recently submited. The remonstrance list is posted on the first business day of each month and may be accessed via One.IU (Search for 'Review Remonstrance List').
- Course Remonstrance Instructions
- Course Typically Offered: Our office runs the Course Typically Offered process several times each year to update the typical term pattern that a campus offers each course.
- Enrollment Requirement Group (ERG): The ERG is the set-up of course requisites. To add, remove, or update an ERG associated with a course at the course catalog level, a CARMIn request form should be submitted for the necessary department, school, and campus approvals. USSS will work with the campus Registrar offices to ensure the ERGs are updated.
- IPFW and Purdue University Interaction: We continue to make sure our course information matches for interfaces to both IPFW and PU. Edit resolution is handled within our office.
- Repeat for Credit and Course Equivalents: Departments may continue to list this information on the course request forms. This information is maintained in the Course Catalog and is available on reports.
- Reserve Course Numbers: New course catalog numbers may be reserved prior to submitting a CARMIn New Course request by submitting an email to email@example.com.
- Variable Title Request Form (Authorization Required)
- Block Enrollment Course Request Form (Authorization Required)
- Problem Report
- Roster generation
- I to F grade lapse
Create and maintain Kuali workflow processes, workgroups, and users.
- To add, remove, or replace any user(s) from a Kuali workgroup, please email SISHelp@iu.edu. Include the following information:
- Action to be taken (added, removed, or replaced)
- Workgroup name(s)
- If a workgroup name is not known, indicate the responsibilities of the user (for example, "this user needs to approve eDrop and eAdd documents for the School of Business")
- Diploma Processing
- Enrollment and Degree Verification
- Inactivation of graduating high school seniors in dual credit careers
- Term Activation, Enrollment Appointments, and WADM NOSH/DISC YOUT
- Workflow and Work Group Maintenance