You play a part in keeping our campus safe and healthy

When you register for your first term at IU Fort Wayne—even if you’re taking only one on-campus course—you’re required by Indiana state law (IC 21-40-5) to submit your immunization information. You won’t be allowed to register for the next semester until you do.

Once your immunization information has been verified, you’re done—you won’t have to submit it out again for any IU campus. Be sure to fill out all fields. Even if you’re providing the same date or documentation for multiple items, we won’t be able to review your information until all fields are complete.

Note that you may also be required to provide immunization information separately for your academic program.

Check your status

Not sure if your immunization status is up to date? You can check in One.IU. Remember to scroll to the Notes section to see what you still need to provide in order to be compliant.

Check your immunization status

What you’ll need to submit

You’ll need to know the date you were immunized as well as provide proof of immunization for the following diseases:

  • Measles (requires two immunizations)
  • Mumps
  • Rubella (German measles)
  • Tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
  • Varicella (requires two immunizations)

You’ll need to acknowledge that you’ve read and understood the information IU provides about meningitis and the benefits of being vaccinated for it.

If you’re an international student, you’ll need to provide documentation of tuberculosis (TB) testing completed in the United States.

All immunization documentation must be in English, must contain your name and birth date, and must contain the name of a medical professional or the facility where you were immunized.

Get help translating your documentation

Full immunization requirements

Getting access to your immunization records

If you don’t already have it, you should be able to get your immunization documentation from your physician’s office.

If you’re an Indiana resident, you may be able to get your records through MyVaxIndiana. Contact your physician for a PIN that allows you to access your information.

If you aren’t an Indiana resident, check with your state’s immunization registry program.

If you’re unable to get your documentation, talk with your physician to find out what your options are.

What if you can’t provide documentation of dates?

You’ll need to include additional documentation if you’re unable to provide documentation showing your immunization dates due to one of the following:

  • You have immunity because you had the disease (with the exception of tuberculosis and Tdap). A physician’s written statement indicating the date of the disease is required to prove immunity.
  • You have positive titer results. A titer is a blood test that verifies whether you’re immune to certain diseases or vaccinations you’ve already had. You must provide the lab titer.
  • You’re medically unable to be vaccinated. If you’re unable to be vaccinated due to a medical reason (for example, allergy to eggs, pregnancy, reaction to a vaccine, or participation in a current sequence of immunizations), you’ll need a physician’s written statement that documents each specific medical contraindication or medical condition.
  • Your religious beliefs prevent you from being vaccinated. If you have not been vaccinated due to religious beliefs, you must submit an exemption letter with your signature. Electronic signatures are not sufficient, and your parents cannot sign on your behalf.

If we need additional documentation from you, we’ll notify you via university email.

Learn more about immunization at IU Fort Wayne

Read IU's immunization policy