The Office of Student Data Management & Access is a team of professionals that provisions access to student data and enterprise-wide systems and creates the policies that govern this access in partnership with our campus data managers and the Committee of Data Stewards.
What we do and who we are
The Office of Student Data Management & Access team is responsible for:
- authorizing access to USSS enterprise systems and reports in conjunction with campus access coordinators
- evaluating requests for student data from internal and external organizations
- training department access coordinators and data managers across all IU campuses
- identifying compliance requirements for systems containing student data
- creating and communicating data management policies and procedures to safeguard student data
- working with system owners to ensure training is made available to users of student information systems
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about access to student data and systems.